We were briefed to organise and manage an awards dinner with unique pull factor. They wanted to use a unique and new venue to entertain their partners in an awards ceremony and dinner acknowledging their marketing and sales support with a variety of awards categories.
The Londoner: As a newly opened venue, the modern super Boutique Hotel was the perfect choice. Boutique in feel yet staggering in scale; individual, intimate, eclectic and curated. A perfectly engineered collection of spaces, tastes, textures and offerings is brought to life over 15 floors in London’s legendary square.
What we did
- Venue finding service resulting in choosing the events space at The Londoner
- On-site event management
- Event production delivering the 1920s theme with a bespoke stage backdrop
- Venue event set up and liason
- Pre-reception in another space for VIP guests
- Dinner for 100 and awards ceremony hosted by Scottish sports presenter Hailey McQueen
- booked female entertainers Nina Conti and Sophie Ellis-Bextor
- booked DJs Freight train for the party after the awards ceremony
As a surprise act to get the guests on their feet after the awards ceremony, Sophie Ellis-Bextor was chosen as the ideal act to engage the whole crowd as a well known and topically relevant singer, famous during the pandemic for her kitchen discos.
The standout entertainer of the evening, Nina Conti engaged members of the crowd in her hilarious show. She was booked as a personal preference from the client who wanted to focus on female entertainers to support their imperative of supporting women in tech.
Scottish Sky Sports presenter Hailey McQueen was chosen to present the awards and host the show.
Freight Train were selected as the DJs for the party after the awards and got everyone dancing into the early hours.
The event was a huge success and the client and their guests loved it so much that it will become a yearly repeat event.
“A great Partner Awards event last night – a night to reflect, celebrate with our Partners and enjoy some social time together.”
“It was a fantastic evening, even taking into account my embarrassment on stage… Some great partner conversations too, and definitely good to get out in front of people again.”